The TikTok algorithm is an ever-evolving beast, creating instant stars out of skateboarding, cranberry juice-drinking Fleetwood Mac fans, but seemingly leaving dedicated creators behind. Gina, our resident marketing guru, sat down with MagicLinks’ own office TikTok star, @haileyjulia_ (231,900 followers and counting!), to break down just how to beat that &#)!ing algorithm and make it big on TikTok.
BTW, we’re on TikTok, too! Follow us @magiclinks!
Grow & Monetize Your TikTok:
TL;DR: Key Influencer Takeaways
We get it, you’re busy – so we took some notes from the video for you! Enjoy!
- Find a niche and stick to it!
- Be original: Most TikToks are copies of others, so truly original content will interest potential new fans AND the TikTok algorithm (plus, who wants to be known as a content stealer or copycat?)
- Be consistent & post frequently: When you’re starting your channel, post 2 to 3 times a day, and keep your content consistent & within your niche.
- Engaging with your fans is CRUCIAL: Respond to comments, look at videos followers tag you in, and like/comment on videos that use your original sound
- Stay relevant & relatable: Keep up with trends by checking your FYP and the Trending page daily, and get on the trend’s bandwagon early. Also… Don’t try to be someone you’re not. Your personality is, in the end, what your fans will keep coming back for. If you’re not having fun, it shows in your content.
- Use relevant hashtags: Not too many, as it can cover up the video thumbnail, but at least 3-5 per TikTok. TikTok’s algorithm puts videos on people’s FYPs based on their interaction with other videos with similar hashtags!
- Use MagicLinks to your advantage to earn $$ on your content – here’s how to add clickable inks to your TikToks!