If we had a dollar for every time we get asked, “How do I monetize my YouTube channel?”, we’d be rolling in the dough. #securethebag Monetizing your channels seems to be at once totally simple, but yet insanely difficult. We’re here to help.
Earn $$ on Social Media:
How Many Subscribers Do I Need To Get Monetized on YouTube?
The YouTube Partner Program allows creators to receive revenue from ads shown on their videos and offer paid channel subscriptions. As of December 2020, the requirements to join the program are:
- Follow all YouTube monetization content policies
- Have at least 1,000 verified subscribers – click here to learn how to increase your subscriber count WITHOUT buying followers
- Have at least 4,000 watch hours over the past year
- Be signed up for Google Adsense
How Many Subscribers Do I Need To Get Monetized on Instagram?
Technically, you can’t monetize your Instagram with Adsense- because Instagram doesn’t offer ad monetization. We know, we know, boo hiss. What DOES matter for monetizing your Instagram with sponsorships and affiliate links?
- Engagement rate (aka, divide the total number of likes & comments on a post by your follower count, then multiply the result by 100 to get your engagement rate percentage). Smaller accounts are more likely to have a higher engagement rate, because they have the time to respond to more comments and develop a personal relationship with fans.
- Having at least 10,000 unique (i.e. not bought) followers. This is a metric used by many brands to determine the potential for your fans wanting to buy something from a sponsored post.
- Having a killer aesthetic and perfect content. ‘Nuff said.
How Many Subscribers Do I Need To Get Monetized on TikTok?
Like Instagram, TikTok doesn’t offer ad monetization to creators. Again, boo hiss. The TikTok Creator Fund isn’t really doing much, if anything, to help creators. How can you monetize your TikTok?
- Use your TikTok Link In Bio to link your MagicLinks ObsessedWith.It
- Livestream and encourage your fans to tip you via coins & icons
- Use MagicLinks Text2Shop so your fans can shop your fave stuff right from a quick text message
- Get sponsorships: We hate to tell you this, but again, at least 10,000 followers and a good engagement rate are KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) that brands live by. To find your TikTok engagement rate: Divide your total number of Likes by the number of videos you have. Divide the result by your total TikTok follower account, and the result is your TikTok engagement rate.
Okay, But What’s the Deal With 10,000 Followers?
When casting for sponsorships, many brands have 10k followers as one of their minimum benchmarks. They want to ensure their investment in a creator is rewarded with engagement, sales, and good PR. 10,000 followers, plus a good engagement rate and good library of original content, helps brands feel more secure when casting creators.