Social Responsibility Strategist
MagicLinks powers social commerce through our exclusive marketplace for video influencers and the world’s leading brands. Our technology enables creators to share the products they love with their fans and serves leading brands seeking scalable, data-backed influencer campaign solutions, with dependable ROI and 100% sales data reporting. We are digital video natives, driven by data, passionate about the influencer community, and committed to excellence.
In 2020, we were named to the annual Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America and also became a B Corp certified company and a member of 1% for the Planet. Learn more about our Responsible Impact initiatives here: Sustainability, DEI, and Philanthropy.
We work hard, move fast, and have a ton of fun along the way. Come join us!
- We’re part of something bigger. We’re committed to leaving the world better than how we found it. It is this belief that makes the other values possible.
- We’re straight shooters. We mean what we say and say what we mean. #TNT
- We own our actions, regardless of the outcome. May all of our vibes say, “I got this.”
- We move like cheetahs, head stable & purpose driven. Speed and precision in the right moments.
- We give a lot of damns.
- We map out our goals. S.M.A.R.T. execution is key.
- There is a key to success in every failure. We learn from it and keep it movin’.
- We find humor in the little things, and embrace our funk. It’s really. not. that. serious.
- Curiosity feeds our cat. Meowrr.
Role: Social Responsibility Strategist
Full-time Location: Venice, CA in the heart of an inspiring and eclectic artist community
Seeking: We are looking for a passionate, proactive, agile Social Responsibility (CSR) strategist to join our fast-paced start-up. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with global leading brands and social media influencers and play a key role in leading MagicLinks’ sustainability, diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), community service, and philanthropy strategy, initiatives, programs and partnerships.
This role will involve working closely with a range of internal and external stakeholders and requires a solid understanding of the multi-stakeholder ecosystem and how to manage sensitivity and ambiguity.
Expectations of this Role
- Champion all MagicLinks’ sustainability, diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), community service, and philanthropy strategy, initiatives, and programs
- Identify, create, build and manage effective partnerships with key external stakeholders, brands, partners and influencers regarding sustainability, DEI, and philanthropy
- Develop key materials for communication of MagicLinks’ CSR initiatives to all internal and external audiences, and work with respective channel owners to create CSR marketing and awareness campaigns
- Be a strategic advisor to senior leadership and act as a central liaison and representative for all things related to CSR
- Partner with Marketing, PR, Product, Brand, and Influencer Team to identify and prioritize key areas of focus and investment and scale high-impact CSR initiatives
- Develop key goals and metrics to track against and evaluate program effectiveness by building and maintaining effective tracking and reporting mechanisms
- Lead the quarterly and annual development and publishing of MagicLinks’ Corporate Social Responsibility reports
- Conduct benchmarking, analysis and best practices research
- Work with senior leadership and HR to increase employee awareness and engagement with CSR initiatives; help the company progress toward a "purpose-driven" culture
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Sustainability, and/or relevant study
- 5+ years of experience focused on the intersection between business, technology and corporate social responsibility
- Extensive understanding and passion for sustainability, DEI issues relevant to MagicLinks and the tech, influencer, and social commerce sector
- Experience building relationships cross-functionally and the ability to influence at all levels of the organizations
- Experience having existing relationships with key CSR stakeholders
- A highly motivated self-starter, and mental athlete, capable of producing high quality work while adhering to oftentimes very tight turnaround times in an exciting and fast-moving start-up environment.
- Passionate about the future of digital media, technology, and curious to learn more
- An articulate and engaging individual, demonstrating excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- A track record of translating ideas into action
- Salary + Bonus + Equity
- Full-time employees are eligible for full health care benefits
At MagicLinks, we recognize diversity as something bigger than a search term or buzzword. Diversity here is an acknowledgement that the world is made up of many different facets, that all human beings have intrinsic value and worth, and are under no obligation to be anything other than their honest selves. Diversity means recognizing that different views and experiences are as important as those we’re already familiar with. It means taking radical ownership of the things we affect as individuals and as a company - including even inherited ways of doing things which may be destructive or biased and which we must work to change. It means looking at the world and making sure we embody as many of its best qualities as we can, and striving for that as a matter of principle, not as a marketing goal we check off a list.
Diversity goes beyond what we look like, who we are, who we love or how we think. Diversity is shorthand for an integrity-driven way of operating and growing every single day, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
If you are interested, send us your resume to email@example.com