Senior Communications Manager - Public Relations / Events
Senior Communications Manager - Public Relations / Events
MagicLinks powers social commerce through our exclusive marketplace for video influencers and the world’s leading brands. Our technology enables creators to share the products they love with their fans and serves leading brands seeking scalable, data-backed influencer campaign solutions, with dependable ROI and 100% sales data reporting. We are digital video natives, driven by data, passionate about the influencer community, and committed to excellence.
In 2020, we were named to the annual Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America and also became a B Corp certified company and a member of 1% for the Planet. Learn more about our Responsible Impact initiatives here: Sustainability, DEI, and Philanthropy.
We work hard, move fast, and have a ton of fun along the way. Come join us!
- We’re part of something bigger. We’re committed to leaving the world better than how we found it. It is this belief that makes the other values possible.
- We’re straight shooters. We mean what we say and say what we mean. #TNT
- We own our actions, regardless of the outcome. May all of our vibes say, “I got this.”
- We move like cheetahs, head stable & purpose driven. Speed and precision in the right moments.
- We give a lot of damns.
- We map out our goals. S.M.A.R.T. execution is key.
- There is a key to success in every failure. We learn from it and keep it movin’.
- We find humor in the little things, and embrace our funk. It’s really. not. that. serious.
- Curiosity feeds our cat. Meowrr.
Role: Senior Communications Manager - Public Relations / Events
Full-time Location: Venice, CA in the heart of an inspiring and eclectic artist community
The Senior Communications Manager will be responsible for leading and delivering all consumer and corporate PR initiatives and press communications for MagicLinks. Responsibilities include delivering strategy and execution of all PR communications, building direct media relationships, press outreach, media events, and PR programs that align with strategic marketing and brand partnership campaigns. This role will proactively position the company for growth with business, tech, fashion, beauty, e-commerce, trade and consumer news outlets and consistently deliver the company media coverage. This individual will enhance the company's success by executing proactive and reactive communications strategy to own the authoritative voice in the industry.
This position will report to the Director of Marketing and be a member of the Marketing Leadership team.
- You have a solid background in consumer and corporate communications and an impeccable skill set in driving media and social moments.
- You already have strong media contacts and continuously build and develop relationships with key media.
- You possess a strong bias to action, fast thinking, masterful reactive skills and creative in-the-moment thinking.
- You have a deep knowledge of the media space and continue to keep up with new developments, trends, and strategies across multiple platforms.
- You have experience providing communications counsel and media training to senior management.
- You actively consume media and maintain an awareness of industry trends, cultural events, and daily breaking news.
Expectations of Role
- Accountable for media relations and outreach in developing, planning and implementing 360 PR efforts (ie- press strategy, media outreach, press calendar management, external messaging, inbound reporter requests, and press materials)
- Work closely with the CEO, Director of Marketing and Data Scientist to identify PR opportunities and strategically integrate business objectives into our communications programs.
- Stay on top of current trends in the media and be proactive in newsjacking. You are able to spot hot topics in real time, react quickly and pitch relative story angles to your media contacts.
- Work in tandem with the talent and brand teams to deliver 360 marketing campaigns including experiential, social, and earned media.
- Build and develop relationships with key media as well as respond and serve as a primary spokesperson for all MagicLinks media inquiries. You will be the media’s hub for short-term and fast-paced proactive storytelling.
- Develop and execute company recognition initiatives such as securing awards (corporate and consumer) and industry lists (best of, best in business, etc.) to ensure that MagicLinks’ achievements are recognized and maintained. Other related responsibilities include awards research and awards calendar/deadline management.
- Research, identify and secure in-person and virtual activations for MagicLinks and senior level management including speaking engagements, conferences, panels, festivals, events and parties.
- Handle quarterly PR reporting.
- Manage PR budget with the Director of Marketing.
- Must be able to secure coverage in print, broadcast and digital media
- Minimum of 5 years PR and client experience
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or Public Relations preferred
- Track record of managing multiple projects and mentoring junior staff
- Comfortable with a high level of involvement in senior-level media relations
- Strong relationship building skills with the ability to network confidently
- Must have an understanding of affiliate marketing and the social/influencer space
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must have experience with Cision and Keynote
- Salary + Bonus + Equity
- Full-time employees are eligible for full health care benefits
A few words on diversity
We're equally committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplace and in how we show up in this world. To us, diversity means recognizing that different views and experiences are as important as those we're already familiar with. It means taking radical ownership of the things we affect as individuals and as a company - including even inherited ways of doing things which may be destructive or biased and which we must work to change. It means looking at the world and making sure we embody as many of its best qualities as we can, and striving for that as a matter of principle, not as a marketing goal we check off a list.
This is how we strive to practice We define diversity as making sure (1) our table represents people from varying backgrounds, (2) inclusion as making sure our people have a seat at the table, and (3) equity as making sure our people have the same means to get to the table in the first place. Externally, we apply the same policies to partnerships, marketing, and product development.
Ultimately, diversity goes beyond what we look like, who we are, who we love or how we think. Diversity is shorthand for an integrity-driven way of operating and growing every single day, and we wouldn't have it any other way.
If you are interested, send us your resume to email@example.com