Chief Product Officer
MagicLinks powers social commerce through our exclusive marketplace for video influencers and the world’s leading brands. Our technology enables creators to share the products they love with their fans and serves leading brands seeking scalable, data-backed influencer campaign solutions, with dependable ROI and 100% sales data reporting. We are digital video natives, driven by data, passionate about the influencer community, and committed to excellence.
In 2020, we were named to the annual Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America and also became a B Corp certified company and a member of 1% for the Planet. Learn more about our Responsible Impact initiatives here: Sustainability, DEI, and Philanthropy.
We work hard, move fast, and have a ton of fun along the way. Come join us!
- We’re part of something bigger. We’re committed to leaving the world better than how we found it. It is this belief that makes the other values possible.
- We’re straight shooters. We mean what we say and say what we mean. #TNT
- We own our actions, regardless of the outcome. May all of our vibes say, “I got this.”
- We move like cheetahs, head stable & purpose driven. Speed and precision in the right moments.
- We give a lot of damns.
- We map out our goals. S.M.A.R.T. execution is key.
- There is a key to success in every failure. We learn from it and keep it movin’.
- We find humor in the little things, and embrace our funk. It’s really. not. that. serious.
- Curiosity feeds our cat. Meowrr.
Role: Chief Product Officer
Full-time Location: Venice, CA in the heart of an inspiring and eclectic artist community. For the right candidate we are open to remote.
Seeking: We are looking for a world class product leader and innovator to join our high performing executive team to lead the future of influencer based social commerce. As a certified B Corp, MagicLinks exists to connect moments of inspiration to action. We are leading a movement for more even wealth distribution through utilization of our social commerce technologies and services. The intended outcome is greater harmony within the global human family as well as healthier relationships with mother earth and all her beings. We look forward to your extensive and exponential impact on our product-focused delivery of this mission.
Expectations of this Role
- As our Chief Product Officer, you will be responsible for the strategic product direction at MagicLinks
- Define the future of Social commerce through vision and execution of the product roadmap
- Recruit, build, and lead a world class product and engineering team
- Lead product and technical presentations with investors (current and potential) and bring cache to an already high performing business
- Lead decisions to build / buy / partner / outsource for robust and rapidly growing product roadmap
- Demonstrate expertise in developing and executing a product go-to-market strategy
- Drive innovation and scalable processes for our product development cycle
- Define product requirements and overall roadmaps of the business with clarity on feasibility, time, cost, and business impact
- Collaborate between business teams (sales, marketing, influencer, the creative lab) and product and development teams to ensure clarity of priorities and market feedback are reflected in sprint planning
- 10+ years of experience working in product leadership roles at both startups and major internet players, ideally with experience delivering for 100M+ monthly users
- Deep understanding of video technologies, e-commerce, and influencer marketplaces, ideally directly at YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, Snap, and/or Amazon, and a strong understanding of current and future models like Twitch, Patreon, OnlyFans, Clubhouse, and Cameo.
- Impeccable integrity, grit, and drive to create groundbreaking products and create exponential success as part of a high performing team
- High emotional intelligence and ability to effectively lead teams across a variety of functional roles, especially in product and engineering.
- Ability to excite and motivate externally and internally, and a proven track record of recruiting, hiring, and developing exceptional technical talent
- An ability to communicate articulately and engagingly, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external audiences, including public speaking
- Deep experience using qualitative and quantitative feedback to inform, help prioritize, and balance product decisions in a fast moving, highly competitive market with multiple stakeholders across influencers, brands, and consumers
- Extensive understanding and passion for sustainability, DEI issues relevant to MagicLinks and the technology, influencer, and social commerce sector
- Commitment to building best-in-class user experience and product performance. You are an equal parts advocate for the user, the technology and the business
- Salary + Bonus + Equity
- Full-time employees are eligible for full health care benefits
a few words on Diversity
We're equally committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplace and in how we show up in this world. To us, diversity means recognizing that different views and experiences are as important as those we're already familiar with. It means taking radical ownership of the things we affect as individuals and as a company - including even inherited ways of doing things which may be destructive or biased and which we must work to change. It means looking at the world and making sure we embody as many of its best qualities as we can, and striving for that as a matter of principle, not as a marketing goal we check off a list.
This is how we strive to practice We define diversity as making sure (1) our table represents people from varying backgrounds, (2) inclusion as making sure our people have a seat at the table, and (3) equity as making sure our people have the same means to get to the table in the first place. Externally, we apply the same policies to partnerships, marketing, and product development.
Ultimately, diversity goes beyond what we look like, who we are, who we love or how we think. Diversity is shorthand for an integrity-driven way of operating and growing every single day, and we wouldn't have it any other way.
You've read this far so now all that's left is hitting us with that boom-boom-pow through a killer resume and cover letter for any of our opportunities that pique your interest.
If you are interested, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org