Sr. Manager, People Strategy
MagicLinks powers social commerce through an exclusive marketplace for video influencers and the world’s leading brands. Our technology enables creators to share the products they love with their fans and serves leading brands seeking scalable, data-backed influencer campaign solutions, with dependable ROI and 100% sales data reporting. We are digital video natives, driven by data, passionate about the influencer community, and committed to excellence. In 2020, we were named to the annual Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America and ranked in the top 10 fastest growing private companies in Los Angeles by the LA Business Journal.
Tenets of MagicLinks Culture
- Radical Ownership
- Standard of Excellence
- Smart Prioritization
- Celebrate Failures
- Laugh Every Day
- Be Curious
Role: Senior Manager, People Strategy
Full-time Location: Venice, CA in the heart of an inspiring and eclectic artist community
The Senior Manager of People Strategy will be responsible for building an HR department from scratch, leading and owning the strategic growth of the MagicLinks team, including organizational design, process excellence, and bringing a special je na sais quoi to scaling our outstanding culture and values into a hyper growth team and business.
We are seeking a values grounded, people oriented person with experience growing highly innovative culture in a fast evolving environment.
- You have demonstrated success in scaling culture with talented people in a hyper growth environment. You understand people, leadership, and organizational design.
- Demonstrated commitment to leadership in and passion for DEI and Sustainable practices, which are at the core of MagicLinks' team and business.
- You have a thorough understanding of recruiting, hiring, leadership development, company off sites and retreats, and researching and proposing best practices for both process and partnerships to help us scale our team.
- You have a deep knowledge and continue to keep up with new developments, trends, and strategies in people management, human resources, and remote working in the time of COVID.
- You have a curiosity and a passion to innovate in the pursuit of new opportunities to scale, improve and optimize our team, our culture, and our processes.
Expectations of Role:
- Strategize, develop, and own People Strategy at MagicLinks. This includes organizational design in partnership with the CEO and the senior leadership team, creating cultural best practices, and recruiting, retaining and growing exceptional talent
- Lead external HR partnerships, including PEO and Healthcare partners, Recruiting partners, and outside experts in executive coaching, team offsite facilitation, and other cultural building best practices
- Innovate within a mixed in-person and remote team, particularly in the time of COVID-19. Implement MagicLinks values into all of our activities: recruiting, team meetings, performance reviews, and external relationships with impeccable integrity and a relentless passion to improve
- Partner with department leads to develop people strategy and organizational design based on strong research of industry and market trends
- Own people metrics and provide weekly reporting to leadership on performance against key strategic people oriented KPI's
- Responsible for making sure the company meets its legal and moral obligations when it comes to compliance, inside of the HR function and across the business
- As the first in-house HR hire, this person will lead and execute on all strategic and tactical requirements of the HR department, starting with the establishment or refinement of the HR policies, procedures and strategies
- A minimum of 5 years of HR, People Strategy, or similar growth oriented cultural roles
- A highly motivated self-starter, and mental athlete, capable of producing high quality work while adhering to oftentimes very tight turnaround times in an exciting and fast-moving start-up environment
- Experience implementing and working with employee reviews, Strengths Finder, 360 Feedback methodology, and other best practices in personal and professional development processes and products
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Analytical, has the ability to analyze and draw conclusions from broad dataset
- An open-minded, curious learner, eager to build your skillset
- Experience creating managing and executing all aspects of human resources procedures and systems meeting compliance obligations, with particular focus on California-specific employment rules and regulations
- Salary + Bonus + Equity
- Full-time employees are eligible for full health care benefits
At MagicLinks, we recognize diversity as something bigger than a search term or buzzword. Diversity here is an acknowledgement that the world is made up of many different facets, that all human beings have intrinsic value and worth, and are under no obligation to be anything other than their honest selves. Diversity means recognizing that different views and experiences are as important as those we’re already familiar with. It means taking radical ownership of the things we affect as individuals and as a company - including even inherited ways of doing things which may be destructive or biased and which we must work to change. It means looking at the world and making sure we embody as many of its best qualities as we can, and striving for that as a matter of principle, not as a marketing goal we check off a list.
Diversity goes beyond what we look like, who we are, who we love or how we think. Diversity is shorthand for an integrity-driven way of operating and growing every single day, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
If you are interested, send us your resume to email@example.com