Software Development Manager
Software Development Manager
MagicLinks powers social commerce through our exclusive marketplace for video influencers and the world’s leading brands. Our technology enables creators to share the products they love with their fans and serves leading brands seeking scalable, data-backed influencer campaign solutions, with dependable ROI and 100% sales data reporting. We are digital video natives, driven by data, passionate about the influencer community, and committed to excellence.
In 2020 and 2021, we were named to the annual Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America and also became a B Corp certified company and a member of 1% for the Planet. Learn more about our Responsible Impact initiatives here.
We work hard, move fast, and have a ton of fun along the way. Come join us!
We are seeking a hands-on, experienced Software Development Manager to lead software and test engineers as part of a collaborative, cross-functional team in an agile environment. The Software Development Manager will report to the Chief Software Architect.
This role has a twofold responsibility: (1) to ensure high-quality software delivery using modern industry standard engineering practices and (2) to provide management, mentoring and development of our software and test engineers.
Full-time Location: Remote in select states or Venice, CA in the heart of an inspiring and eclectic artist community.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the continual improvement of software development and test processes in an agile, cross-functional environment
- Provide technical leadership for software developers in new product development and existing product maintenance activities
- Be a hands-on manager: coding, testing and troubleshooting software roadblocks
- Mentor and develop software and test engineers
- Assist in hiring and training of engineering personnel
- Partner with product owners, UX designers, business stakeholders and others to create high-quality software solutions in support of organizational goals and priorities
- Minimum of 8 years development experience required
- Minimum of 2 years development management experience required
- Expertise in React and/or Ruby
- Demonstrated technical expertise delivering complex software solutions in a fast-moving environment
- Broad exposure to a variety of industry frameworks, tools and software design patterns
- Experience with service-oriented architecture/tools (Kubernetes, ECS, AKS or another container orchestration platform) and cloud-based computing/infrastructure (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, source control strategies and test automation frameworks
- Demonstrated experience delivering software solutions using agile principles and practices (Scrum, Kanban, XP)
- Familiarity with modern engineering team practices such as continuous delivery, TDD, ATDD, BDD, pair/mob programming
- Strong ability to coach developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Strong business and technical vision
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required
- Solid communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Authorization to work in US (no H1B visa support available at this time)
- Salary + Bonus + Equity
- Full-time employees are eligible for full health care benefits
- US work eligibility required, we are not able to sponsor visa candidates at this time
A Few Words on Diversity
We're equally committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplace and in how we show up in this world. To us, diversity means recognizing that different views and experiences are as important as those we're already familiar with. It means taking radical ownership of the things we affect as individuals and as a company - including even inherited ways of doing things which may be destructive or biased and which we must work to change. It means looking at the world and making sure we embody as many of its best qualities as we can, and striving for that as a matter of principle, not as a marketing goal we check off a list.
This is how we strive to practice We define diversity as making sure (1) our table represents people from varying backgrounds, (2) inclusion as making sure our people have a seat at the table, and (3) equity as making sure our people have the same means to get to the table in the first place. Externally, we apply the same policies to partnerships, marketing, and product development.
Ultimately, diversity goes beyond what we look like, who we are, who we love or how we think. Diversity is shorthand for an integrity-driven way of operating and growing every single day, and we wouldn't have it any other way.
You've read this far so now all that's left is hitting us with that boom-boom-pow through a killer resume and cover letter for any of our opportunities that pique your interest.
If you are interested, send us your resume to email@example.com