Full Stack Developer – Data Visualization
Born in 2014, MagicLinks is one of the fastest-growing influencer platforms powering social commerce today. As a technology, MagicLinks empowers over 15k YouTube Influencers to turn moments of inspiration into new customer acquisitions at over 3.5k retailers. MagicLinks Influencers have launched 160k+ YouTube videos, watched by over 18B fans, driving over $500M in retail sales.
Our longevity with brand partners is founded in our unique ability to match social KPI’s with proprietary customer transaction data (Match Intelligence™) to target the right influencers with the right audience, driving sales and measurable ROAS. Our mission is to help brands solve influencers with a sustainable, performance-based approach, transparency in reporting, and compounding results.
Tenets of MagicLinks Culture
- Limitation is an illusion, nothing is ever impossible
- Make everything you do a work of art
- Never settle for less than excellent
- Radical ownership
- Celebrate failures that come from taking risks
- Laugh every day
- Live consciously
- MagicLinks’ Data Science team is developing world-class analytics models that influencers can use to increase their subscriber base and fuel earnings
- Working in collaboration with our Sr. Data Scientist - you will be responsible for visualizing the data from our data lake into reports and graphs that would drive the business intelligence, insight and analytics output that said models generate
Expectations of this Role
- Develop a web-based internal and external sites that receives “batched” analytics data and transforms it into visually compelling and easily digestible graphics that influencers, brands and internal staff can use to make business decisions
- Work in tandem with the Analytics team to present the data in the most lucid manner possible
- Use programming languages and graphic design charts to accomplish the aforementioned objectives.
- Execute a strong vision for perfection in web design and work closely with web usability, content management, technology, marketing, product and Lines-of-Business leaders to create a unified, customer-driven design direction
- Partner across related disciplines to meet the objectives of every business engagement
- Execute competency in responsive and adaptive strategies for multi-form factor web design
- Ensure an optimal user experience and develop analytics “driven” design choices.
- Develop creative solutions to enhance the user experience, while striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Create new design themes and layouts.
- 5+ years of experience in web-based application technologies
- Ruby on Rails or Node.js
- Experience with databases and big-data providers: Postgres, DataBricks, etc.
- Experience with API development and Service-oriented architecture
- Understanding of UX/UI (user experience/user interface) design
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases.
- Proficient at writing ad-hoc SQL Queries and Stored procedures.
- Passion about design in general with a great understanding of color palettes, gradients, and flat
- Demonstrated experience with AWS is required, and experience integrating DataBricks’ analytics output into websites is a tremendous plus
- Salary + Bonus + Equity (based on experience)
- Full-time employees are eligible for full health care benefits
A Few Words on Diversity
We're equally committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplace and in how we show up in this world. To us, diversity means recognizing that different views and experiences are as important as those we're already familiar with. It means taking radical ownership of the things we affect as individuals and as a company - including even inherited ways of doing things which may be destructive or biased and which we must work to change. It means looking at the world and making sure we embody as many of its best qualities as we can, and striving for that as a matter of principle, not as a marketing goal we check off a list.
This is how we strive to practice We define diversity as making sure (1) our table represents people from varying backgrounds, (2) inclusion as making sure our people have a seat at the table, and (3) equity as making sure our people have the same means to get to the table in the first place. Externally, we apply the same policies to partnerships, marketing, and product development.
Ultimately, diversity goes beyond what we look like, who we are, who we love or how we think. Diversity is shorthand for an integrity-driven way of operating and growing every single day, and we wouldn't have it any other way.
You've read this far so now all that's left is hitting us with that boom-boom-pow through a killer resume and cover letter for any of our opportunities that pique your interest.
If you are interested, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org