Senior Software Engineer, Ruby on Rails
MagicLinks powers social commerce through an exclusive marketplace for video influencers and the worlds’ leading brands. Our technology enables creators to earn steady income by sharing the products they love. We provide brands with creator investment data and tools to propel creator success across all social video platforms. We are digital video natives, driven by data, passionate about the content creator community, and committed to excellence.
We are an award winning Certified B Corporation that has been featured in Inc Magazine, Business Insider, WWD and The Information, amongst many others. In 2021, we were named to the annual Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America and in 2020 became a member of 1% for the Planet. Learn more about our Responsible Impact initiatives here.
We work hard, move fast, and have a ton of fun along the way. Come join us!
Location: Remote in select states* or Venice, CA in the heart of an inspiring and eclectic artist community
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player. You will be a lead developer responsible for the development of new software products and enhancements to existing products. You should excel in working with large-scale applications and frameworks and have outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, QA, product and design to build new innovative application experiences for our products
- Experience with writing clean and maintainable code, in addition to unit tests with RSpec
- Provide data and API endpoints for UI/UX engineers to be used across multiple applications
- Build reporting and analytics dashboards
- 5-10% of your time would be to explore and identify product and technology ideas to bring to the team
- Familiarity with ReactJS and Rails Webpacker
- REST API integrations
- Relational Databases like PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Familiarity with MVC Frameworks
- Familiarity with Microservices and their related patterns
- Familiarity with modern client-side frameworks like NextJS or React
- Working with Docker and Docker Compose
- Collaborative environment experience (Git, JIRA, Scrum, CI/CD)
- AWS experience is a plus
Salary, Bonus, and Equity (based on experience)
Full time employees are eligible for health care benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401(k) plans.
At MagicLinks, we recognize diversity as something bigger than a search term or buzzword. Diversity here is an acknowledgement that the world is made up of many different facets, that all human beings have intrinsic value and worth, and are under no obligation to be anything other than their honest selves. Diversity means recognizing that different views and experiences are as important as those we’re already familiar with. It means taking radical ownership of the things we affect as individuals and as a company - including even inherited ways of doing things which may be destructive or biased and which we must work to change. It means looking at the world and making sure we embody as many of its best qualities as we can, and striving for that as a matter of principle, not as a marketing goal we check off a list.
Diversity goes beyond what we look like, who we are, who we love or how we think. Diversity is shorthand for an integrity-driven way of operating and growing every single day, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
*AZ, CA, GA, IL, IA, KS, MO, NY, NC, TN, TX, FL, MI, MA
If you are interested, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org