Software Engineer, Ruby on Rails
Born in 2014, MagicLinks is one of the fastest-growing influencer platforms powering social commerce today. As a technology, MagicLinks empowers over 15k YouTube Influencers to turn moments of inspiration into new customer acquisitions at over 3.5k retailers. MagicLinks Influencers have launched 160k+ YouTube videos, watched by over 18B fans, driving over $500M in retail sales.
Our longevity with brand partners is founded in our unique ability to match social KPI’s with proprietary customer transaction data (Match Intelligence™) to target the right influencers with the right audience, driving sales and measurable ROAS. Our mission is to help brands solve influencers with a sustainable, performance-based approach, transparency in reporting, and compounding results.
Tenants of MagicLinks Culture
- Limitation is an illusion, nothing is ever impossible
- Make everything you do a work of art
- Never settle for less than excellent
- Radical ownership
- Celebrate failures that come from taking risks
- Laugh every day
- Live consciously
Looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to join our growing technology team. You will work on our suite of web and mobile applications which span multiple audience segments.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, QA, product and design to build new innovative application experiences for our products
- Write clean and maintainable code
- Provide data and API endpoints for UI/UX engineers to be used across multiple applications
- Work on data ingestion and web scraping solutions
- Build reports and analytics dashboards
- 5-10% of your time would be to explore and identify product and technology ideas to bring to the team
- Familiarity with ReactJS and Rails Webpacker
- REST API integrations
- MVC Frameworks
- Working with a Ruby environment manager like rbenv or RVM
- Collaborative environment experience (Git, Gitflow, JIRA, Scrum, CI/CD)
- EC2 environment and container development experience are a plus
- Bootstrap, jQuery, HTML/CSS are a plus
- Salary + Bonus + Equity (based on experience)
- Full-time employees are eligible for full health care benefits
At MagicLinks, we recognize diversity as something bigger than a search term or buzzword. Diversity here is an acknowledgement that the world is made up of many different facets, that all human beings have intrinsic value and worth, and are under no obligation to be anything other than their honest selves. Diversity means recognizing that different views and experiences are as important as those we’re already familiar with. It means taking radical ownership of the things we affect as individuals and as a company - including even inherited ways of doing things which may be destructive or biased and which we must work to change. It means looking at the world and making sure we embody as many of its best qualities as we can, and striving for that as a matter of principle, not as a marketing goal we check off a list.
Diversity goes beyond what we look like, who we are, who we love or how we think. Diversity is shorthand for an integrity-driven way of operating and growing every single day, and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
If you are interested, send us your resume to email@example.com