Software Engineer, Ruby on Rails
Born in 2014, MagicLinks is one of the fastest-growing influencer platforms powering social commerce today. As a technology, MagicLinks empowers over 15k YouTube Influencers to turn moments of inspiration into new customer acquisitions at over 3.5k retailers. MagicLinks Influencers have launched 160k+ YouTube videos, watched by over 18B fans, driving over $500M in retail sales.
Our longevity with brand partners is founded in our unique ability to match social KPI’s with proprietary customer transaction data (Match Intelligence™) to target the right influencers with the right audience, driving sales and measurable ROAS. Our mission is to help brands solve influencers with a sustainable, performance-based approach, transparency in reporting, and compounding results.
Tenets of MagicLinks Culture
- Limitation is an illusion, nothing is ever impossible
- Make everything you do a work of art
- Never settle for less than excellent
- Radical ownership
- Celebrate failures that come from taking risks
- Laugh every day
- Live consciously
Looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to join our growing technology team. You will work on our suite of web and mobile applications which span multiple audience segments.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers, QA, product and design to build new innovative application experiences for our products
- Experience with writing clean and maintainable code, in addition to unit tests with RSpec
- Provide data and API endpoints for UI/UX engineers to be used across multiple applications
- Work on data ingestion and web scraping solutions
- Build reports and analytics dashboards
- 5-10% of your time would be to explore and identify product and technology ideas to bring to the team
- Familiarity with ReactJS and Rails Webpacker
- REST API integrations
- MVC Frameworks
- Working with a Ruby environment manager like rbenv or RVM
- Collaborative environment experience (Git, Gitflow, JIRA, Scrum, CI/CD)
- EC2 environment and container development experience are a plus
- Salary + Bonus + Equity (based on experience)
- Full-time employees are eligible for full health care benefits
A Few Words on Diversity
We're equally committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplace and in how we show up in this world. To us, diversity means recognizing that different views and experiences are as important as those we're already familiar with. It means taking radical ownership of the things we affect as individuals and as a company - including even inherited ways of doing things which may be destructive or biased and which we must work to change. It means looking at the world and making sure we embody as many of its best qualities as we can, and striving for that as a matter of principle, not as a marketing goal we check off a list.
This is how we strive to practice We define diversity as making sure (1) our table represents people from varying backgrounds, (2) inclusion as making sure our people have a seat at the table, and (3) equity as making sure our people have the same means to get to the table in the first place. Externally, we apply the same policies to partnerships, marketing, and product development.
Ultimately, diversity goes beyond what we look like, who we are, who we love or how we think. Diversity is shorthand for an integrity-driven way of operating and growing every single day, and we wouldn't have it any other way.
You've read this far so now all that's left is hitting us with that boom-boom-pow through a killer resume and cover letter for any of our opportunities that pique your interest.
If you are interested, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org