MagicLinks powers social commerce through our exclusive marketplace for video influencers and the world’s leading brands. Our technology enables creators to share the products they love with their fans and serves leading brands seeking scalable, data-backed influencer campaign solutions, with dependable ROI and 100% sales data reporting. We are digital video natives, driven by data, passionate about the influencer community, and committed to excellence.
In 2020, we were named to the annual Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America and also became a B Corp certified company and a member of 1% for the Planet. Learn more about our Responsible Impact initiatives here: Sustainability, DEI, and Philanthropy.
We work hard, move fast, and have a ton of fun along the way. Come join us!
- We’re part of something bigger. We’re committed to leaving the world better than how we found it. It is this belief that makes the other values possible.
- We’re straight shooters. We mean what we say and say what we mean. #TNT
- We own our actions, regardless of the outcome. May all of our vibes say, “I got this.”
- We move like cheetahs, head stable & purpose driven. Speed and precision in the right moments.
- We give a lot of damns.
- We map out our goals. S.M.A.R.T. execution is key.
- There is a key to success in every failure. We learn from it and keep it movin’.
- We find humor in the little things, and embrace our funk. It’s really. not. that. serious.
- Curiosity feeds our cat. Meowrr.
Role: Director of Marketing
Full-time Location: US-Remote or Venice, CA in the heart of an inspiring and eclectic artist community
Summary of the Role:
We’re hiring a Marketing Director who can independently lead the marketing function of the business, engage and acquire new users through methods of growth that can scale and build the reputation of the MagicLinks brand over time. You will play a leadership role in the development, implementation and scaling of various online and offline marketing initiatives to drive new user growth across both Creators, Brands, and Consumers.
The role requires you to be an effective manager of a growing team, a strategist and a collaborator. You will lead a growing team of eight marketers and oversee all B2B, B2C, and B2B2C marketing campaign development, execution, and measurement. This position is both a highly strategic and tactical role that will work closely with Product, Sales, Growth, and Data Science teams. You must be comfortable with defining the marketing framework and strategy, executing and analyzing campaigns, building scalable marketing processes, and managing and scaling a high-performing team.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with VP of Growth to develop demand generation strategy (including short term user acquisition and long term brand building) and align on key reporting metrics for the business
- Work closely with the Creator Growth and Data Science on a segmentation strategy
- Manage and scale the marketing team to execute on marketing initiatives
- Determine and implement scalable methods of user acquisition and retention
- Own, optimize and scale user acquisition funnels, uncovering new growth opportunities across paid, owned, and earned channels on the B2C (Creators), B2B (Brand), B2B2C (Consumers) audiences
- Build and oversee the marketing budget and allocation to hit acquisition and retention goals
- Measure effectiveness of channels and campaigns, and identify greatest opportunities of impact across the user lifecycle
- Paid media planning and execution
- Responsible for brand positioning, brand consistency and building brand awareness in the market over time
- Oversee strategically aligned PR and events opportunities
- Synthesise weekly and monthly performance to the Exec Team and the wider business
- Develop insights based on user data, the voice of the customer, campaign effectiveness, and industry trends and translate those insights into actionable recommendations that promote business objectives and drive tangible results
- Collaborate closely with Prod and Tech teams to support the development of new products and services
- Collaborate closely with Creator Growth team to support the Creator retention and engagement efforts
- BA/BS degree in business, marketing, communications, and/or related field
- 10-12 years of professional marketing experience overseeing user acquisition for technology or social commerce products and services
- A strong understanding of concurrent management of short term user acquisition strategies and longer term brand building initiatives
- Experience working collaboratively with product and technology teams
- Proven experience executing and scaling growth mechanisms from scratch across channels (paid media, SEM)
- Experience managing and optimizing a marketing budget toward monthly targets
- Highly analytical and comfortable with setting up and leveraging marketing analytics tools
- Ability to think both analytically in measuring effectiveness, but also creatively to create compelling campaigns
- Experience with and excellent knowledge of a broad spectrum of digital marketing channels (advertising, social media, SEO, content marketing)
- Prior experience managing third party partners
- Demonstrated track record of success in hiring, managing and developing world class talent
- High energy level, with a bias for action and accountability.
- High degree of self-starting initiative and organization
- Proven ability to lead, coordinate and drive successful alignment across wide cross-functional teams (such as Product, Tech, Sales, Growth, Data Science, and Talent Team)
- Proven ability to engage, motivate and enable large, cross-functional teams
- Salary + Bonus + Equity
- Full-time employees are eligible for full health care benefits
A Few Words on Diversity
We're equally committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplace and in how we show up in this world. To us, diversity means recognizing that different views and experiences are as important as those we're already familiar with. It means taking radical ownership of the things we affect as individuals and as a company - including even inherited ways of doing things which may be destructive or biased and which we must work to change. It means looking at the world and making sure we embody as many of its best qualities as we can, and striving for that as a matter of principle, not as a marketing goal we check off a list.
This is how we strive to practice We define diversity as making sure (1) our table represents people from varying backgrounds, (2) inclusion as making sure our people have a seat at the table, and (3) equity as making sure our people have the same means to get to the table in the first place. Externally, we apply the same policies to partnerships, marketing, and product development.
Ultimately, diversity goes beyond what we look like, who we are, who we love or how we think. Diversity is shorthand for an integrity-driven way of operating and growing every single day, and we wouldn't have it any other way.
You've read this far so now all that's left is hitting us with that boom-boom-pow through a killer resume and cover letter for any of our opportunities that pique your interest.
If you are interested, send us your resume to email@example.com
If you are interested, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org