Data Science Summer Intern
Born in 2014, MagicLinks is one of the fastest-growing influencer platforms powering social commerce today. As a technology, MagicLinks empowers over 15k YouTube Influencers to turn moments of inspiration into new customer acquisitions at over 3.5k retailers. MagicLinks Influencers have launched 160k+ YouTube videos, watched by over 18B fans, driving over $500M in retail sales.
Our longevity with brand partners is founded in our unique ability to match social KPI’s with proprietary customer transaction data (Match Intelligence™) to target the right influencers with the right audience, driving sales and measurable ROAS. Our mission is to help brands solve influencers with a sustainable, performance-based approach, transparency in reporting, and compounding results.
Tenants of MagicLinks Culture
- Limitation is an illusion, nothing is ever impossible
- Make everything you do a work of art
- Never settle for less than excellent
- Radical ownership
- Celebrate failures that come from taking risks
- Laugh every day
- Live consciously
Role: Data Science Summer Intern
Full-time Location: Venice, CA in the heart of an inspiring and eclectic artist community
Seeking: We are looking for a passionate, proactive, agile Unicorn to join our fast-paced start-up. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with global leading brands and social media influencers, while making a visible impact on the company. We work hard, move fast, and have a ton of fun along the way.
Questions We Need Help Answering:
- Determining influencer and brand LTV by segment.
- Measuring churn of both influencers and brands.
- Finding implicit and explicit data points that map to an influencers’ ability to drive sales and develop a predictive model to aide in influencer recruitment and onboarding.
- Pinpointing data that can be structured and used for our Match IntelligenceTM AI and other machine learning algorithms designed to grow the business.
- Creating data visualization to help with storytelling for MagicLinks’ influencers and brands.
- Determining customer acquisition costs through various channels including YouTube, brand sponsor dollars, free referral sources, MagicLinks’ internal referral program, and studio and agency partnerships.
- Assist MagicLinks Directors and CEO with other data projects identified during the course of your internship.
- A highly motivated self-starter, and mental athlete, capable of producing high quality work while adhering to oftentimes very tight turnaround times in an exciting and fast-moving start-up environment.
- An ever-evolving professional with 1-3 years of experience in applying data science to solve meaningful and constantly evolving business challenges.
- Someone who others describe as disciplined, detail-oriented, and committed to excellence.
- An articulate and engaging individual, demonstrating excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Passionate about the future of digital media, technology, and curious to learn more.
- Summer Internship Stipend based on experience
If you are interested, send us your resume to email@example.com