Creative Strategist, Content
Role: Creative Strategist, Content
Full-time Location: Venice, CA in the heart of an inspiring and eclectic artist community
A little about what we are looking for...
Importantly, someone that is well-versed in the business of brand marketing via digital video influencers on platforms like YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok.
In corporate speak this is where we say something cliche like “searching for an agile self-starter with a proven track record” blah blah we’re exhausted! Yes, you need experience in our world (eComm, Influencer Marketing, Digital Media pls) and tbh this role is not for the faint of heart. You’ll be on the team that’s responsible for driving innovation in our space and that can take shape in a lot of different forms (see “Job Responsibilities” below).
But…. we’re most interested in who YOU are.
- Do you make Powerpoint Presentations to analyze your friends’ past relationships? Okay amazing but also are you ok?
- Do you crack your knuckles before sending a fire email like Bradley Cooper in Limitless? Good, because we need someone that can analyze a ton of data and tell a compelling story with it.
- Do you sit back and pour an Olivia Pope-sized glass of wine and spit out digital poetic justice a la Carrie Bradshaw? Pls also drink a glass of water.
- Do you drive through the suburbs with Olivia Rodrigo-sized tears? Don’t lie.
- Do you get the subtle nod to the Olivias from late Millenial to early Gen Z? Hopefully so, because our work spans across multiple generations and we gotta know. about. it. all.
But more on the ton of data piece. We don’t expect you to be a data scientist (different team) but you should be as comfortable with your way around a Pivot table as you are around a cocktail table. This role is equal parts breaking down insights as it is presenting these findings to anyone from our college interns to C-suite execs.
Oh, and your writing. It should give us life, passion, energy *chefs kiss* while establishing us as thought leaders.
At the end of the day, this is a great opportunity for anyone that's looking to hit the ground running in one of LA's coolest startups. We are a fast-growing agile team that's launched over 230k campaign videos with 21B+ views for brands like FENDI, lululemon, L’oreal USA, Glossier, Urban Outfitters, Walmart, ... it's pretty listless. You'll learn (and ideally teach us) a ton of real-world, valuable skills and will 100% have a voice that's heard, a brain that's picked, and an impact that's felt by everyone that works here.
Feels like a match? Drop us your resume and a cover letter with the first paragraph that doesn’t start with “writing to express interest” and who knows, maybe the stars will align (we are in Full Moon in Virgo!!)
About The Creative Lab:
Said best by Regina George’s mom, our team is constantly asking, “Soooo....what is up? What’s the 411? What has everybody been up to? What's the hot gossip? Tell me everything. What have you guys been listening to? What are the cool jams?”
Because we are the culture keyholders at MagicLinks. We are consultants for our internal teams and external partners, fierce in growth strategy and intentional experimentation. We are equally invested in growing our business through deep brand partnerships and innovation across our organization as we are to upholding our commitments and values as a B Corp.
We function as a special team within MagicLinks, touching all areas of the business including Brand Partnerships, Talent, Product, and Marketing. Everyone on TCL is their own project manager a.k.a. given a lot of trust to own projects from end to end. We strive for excellence, not perfection. We celebrate failures. We deliver clear strategy and communication. We divide, conquer, collaborate, assess, and repeat.
But we don’t divide our parts down the middle unless we want to...get off our jocks @ Gen Z!!!
Expectations of this Role
- Report and work directly with Creative Strategy Lead to drive strategic and data-driven projects that impact the full business cycle as well as revenue expansion for MagicLinks and its current and future partners
- Own creative projects from end-to-end including copywriting, strategy, art direction, and project management.
- Identify trends in our industry from internal and third-party resources and convert them into an actionable plan
- Meet (or exceed) quarterly KPIs and milestones on innovation projects
- Work closely with Brand Partnerships, Talent, Product, Data Science, and Marketing Teams to deliver high-impact resources to be disseminated across multiple channels.
- Own strategic touchpoints of the sales process, including campaign pitch decks or proposals, campaign wrap decks, and supporting case studies
- Collaborate with the Talent team to execute a campaign rollout strategy that exceeds our KPIs and with the Marketing team to develop a comprehensive editorial calendar that maximizes revenue opportunities
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience; minimum 2 years of copywriting or strategic partnerships experience preferred; high-growth startup experience is very helpful
- You "get it" – you know the influencer marketing and global eComm worlds like the back of your hand, you have exceptional taste, and intuitively understands what a best path forward should look like
- You are an excellent analytical thinker who can deliver actionable recommendations out of complex data and business cases
- Brilliant copywriter and storyteller
- Task and operational oriented: you must enjoy owning impactful projects and driving quarterly KPIs
- Passionate about the full influencer experience: everything from creating monetization tools that are the best in its class to building a community that breaks down racial barriers in the influencer marketplace
- Experience with leading social platforms, including YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and others
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the global retail industry, especially across fashion, beauty, tech, sustainability, sports, cooking, and home
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, e-mail Marketing Systems, various CRM tools, and Adobe Editing Suite
- Mic-drop level of public speaking skills is definitely a nice to have
- One who looks at all of these pre-requisites, and says to self, "yes I can do all of these things and more, and if I can't, I will learn how to"
A Few Words on Diversity
We're equally committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplace and in how we show up in this world. To us, diversity means recognizing that different views and experiences are as important as those we're already familiar with. It means taking radical ownership of the things we affect as individuals and as a company - including even inherited ways of doing things which may be destructive or biased and which we must work to change. It means looking at the world and making sure we embody as many of its best qualities as we can, and striving for that as a matter of principle, not as a marketing goal we check off a list.
This is how we strive to practice We define diversity as making sure (1) our table represents people from varying backgrounds, (2) inclusion as making sure our people have a seat at the table, and (3) equity as making sure our people have the same means to get to the table in the first place. Externally, we apply the same policies to partnerships, marketing, and product development.
Ultimately, diversity goes beyond what we look like, who we are, who we love or how we think. Diversity is shorthand for an integrity-driven way of operating and growing every single day, and we wouldn't have it any other way.
You've read this far so now all that's left is hitting us with that boom-boom-pow through a killer resume and cover letter for any of our opportunities that pique your interest.
If you are interested, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested, send us your resume to email@example.com