Role: Creative Strategist
Full-time Location: Venice, CA in the heart of an inspiring and eclectic artist community
Hi there! Thanks for checking out our posting. First off, props to you for looking for something new in a pandemic...that’s highkey stressful. Whatever your reasoning is, we’re happy you stumbled here and only chill vibes from this point forward period!!
A little about what we are looking for...
Basically, someone that is curious about the business of brand marketing in the world of digital video influencers on YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok.
In corporate speak this is where we say something cliche like “searching for an agile self-starter with a proven track record” blah blah we’re exhausted! Yes, you need experience in our world (eComm, Influencer Marketing, Digital Media pls) and tbh this role is not for the faint of heart. You’ll be on the team that’s responsible for driving innovation in our space and that can take shape in a lot of different forms (see “Job Responsibilities” below).
But…. we’re most interested in who YOU are. Do you wait in line at Glossier on Melrose Place? Perfect. Do you wake up and scroll on TikTok until you can fully open your eyes? Even better. Do you read up on what's going on in the world of brands, especially in fashion and beauty? Hallelujah. Do you care about the environment and want to contribute to a company that's committed to inspiring change? Ladies & gentlemen, we have ourselves a winner.
Aside from that, are you analytical? And not just like breaking down your fave red carpet (tbt) looks analytical. Can you open up a spreadsheet and look at numbers and tell a story? Asking because we love data & that's why brands love us & that’s why we’ll love you.
Lastly, you gotta be detail-oriented! *this we can't budge on* We'll need to trust in you to send things, save things, write things, and change things, improve things, and most importantly, create things without a ton of supervision.
Tbh this is a great opportunity for anyone that's looking to hit the ground running in one of LA's coolest startups. We are a small but agile team that's launched over 190k campaign videos with 21B+ views for brands like FENDI, lululemon, L’oreal USA, Glossier, Urban Outfitters, Walmart, ... it's pretty listless. You'll learn (and teach) a ton of real-world, valuable skills and will 100% have a voice that's heard, a brain that's picked, and an impact that's felt by everyone that works here.
Into it? If this post energized you then it might be a Swipe Right. If you’re exhausted after reading #BLOCK lol jk.
Expectations of this Role
- Report and work directly with Creative Strategy Lead to drive strategic and data-driven projects that impact the full business cycle as well as revenue expansion for MagicLinks and its current and future partners
- Identify trends in our industry from internal and third-party resources and convert them into an actionable plan
- Meet (or exceed) quarterly KPIs and milestones on innovation projects
- Work closely with Brand Partnerships, Talent, Product, and Marketing Teams to build and roll out GTM strategies
- Own high-level projects across all segments of the business
- Own strategic touch points of the sales process, including campaign pitch decks or proposals, campaign wrap decks, and supporting case studies
- Collaborate with the Talent team to execute a campaign rollout strategy that exceed our KPIs and with the Marketing team to develop a comprehensive editorial calendar that maximizes revenue opportunities
- Create, test, and iterate on creative User Acquisition and Retention strategies
- Work hand-in-hand with the Product/Tech team to bring new innovations to market
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience; 2-4 years of project management or user acquisition experience preferred; high-growth startup experience is very helpful
- You "get it" – you know the influencer marketing world like the back of your hand, you have exceptional taste, and intuitively understands what a best path forward should look like
- Enjoy and be passionate about finding ways to improve the company
- Innovative, self-starter with a "can do it" and "can make it better" mentality
- Task and operational oriented: you must enjoy owning impactful projects and aggressive driving quarterly KPIs
- Passionate about the full influencer experience: everything from creating monetization tools that are the best in its class to building a community that breaks down racial barriers in the influencer marketplace
- Experience with leading social platforms, including YouTube, Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook, and others
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the global retail industry, especially across fashion, beauty, tech, sustainability, sports, cooking, and home
- You are an excellent analytical thinker who can deliver actionable recommendations out of complex data and business cases
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, e-mail Marketing Systems, various CRM tools, and Adobe Editing Suite
- Passionate about the future of digital media, technology, and curious to learn more
- Energized to work in Silicon Beach with basic knowledge of the product development process
- One who looks at all of these pre-requisites, and says to self, "yes I can do all of these things and more, and if I can't, I will learn how to"
- Salary + Commission + Bonus.
- Full-time employees are eligible for full health care benefits.
If you are interested, send us your resume to email@example.com
MagicLinks powers social commerce through our exclusive marketplace for video influencers and the world’s leading brands. Our technology enables creators to share the products they love with their fans and serves leading brands seeking scalable, data-backed influencer campaign solutions, with dependable ROI and 100% sales data reporting. We are digital video natives, driven by data, passionate about the influencer community, and committed to excellence.
Tenets of MagicLinks Culture
- Limitation is an illusion, nothing is ever impossible
- Make everything you do a work of art
- Never settle for less than excellent
- Radical ownership
- Celebrate failures that come from taking risks
- Laugh every day
- Live consciously
- Be curious
A Few Words on Diversity
We're equally committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our workplace and in how we show up in this world. To us, diversity means recognizing that different views and experiences are as important as those we're already familiar with. It means taking radical ownership of the things we affect as individuals and as a company - including even inherited ways of doing things which may be destructive or biased and which we must work to change. It means looking at the world and making sure we embody as many of its best qualities as we can, and striving for that as a matter of principle, not as a marketing goal we check off a list.
This is how we strive to practice We define diversity as making sure (1) our table represents people from varying backgrounds, (2) inclusion as making sure our people have a seat at the table, and (3) equity as making sure our people have the same means to get to the table in the first place. Externally, we apply the same policies to partnerships, marketing, and product development.
Ultimately, diversity goes beyond what we look like, who we are, who we love or how we think. Diversity is shorthand for an integrity-driven way of operating and growing every single day, and we wouldn't have it any other way.
You've read this far so now all that's left is hitting us with that boom-boom-pow through a killer resume and cover letter for any of our opportunities that pique your interest.
If you are interested, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org